Transitioning Your Dog To The Raw Diet
Switching to raw couldn't be simpler! Transition your dog over seven days and begin your journey into the wonderful world of raw feeding.
- First things first, calculate your dog's daily raw food ration using our clever feeding calculator.
- Days 1-7 divide daily ration into 50% raw and 50% previous food
- Feed in alternating separate meals - avoid mixing if possible for easier digestion
- Ideally meals should be given about 12 hours apart
- From day 8 feed 100% raw ration
While many healthy dogs can cope without a transition period, we recommend this method to allow the body time to:
- Adjust digestive enzyme release
- Alter stomach pH
- Adapt intestinal microbiome (‘friendly’ bacteria)
- Promote healthy digestion and metabolism