Discover the ultimate feel-good food for Your pet
People switch their cats and dogs to a raw diet for a variety of reasons - perhaps you are looking for a healthier diet for your pet, or perhaps your cat or dog is sufferring from digestive or skin problems and a raw diet has been recommended.
However you came to find us, we are confident that you will find a Natures Menu raw or natural diet to suit your pet.
What is 'Raw Feeding' And why make the switch?
Known around the world as 'BARF' (Biologically appropriate raw feeding), raw feeding aims to give cats and dogs a diet that is appropriate to their digestive systems and as close as possible to what they might have eaten as wild animals. The stomach pH in dogs and cats is much lower than that of humans, meaning they are able to break down raw meat and bone.
As a nation we adore our pets, and of course this extends to what we give them to eat. Dog Foods often promise the world, but on closer inspection many contain ingredients such as sugars, meat meals and meat derivatives. Natures Menu pet foods proudly show our ingredients on the front of the pack, and never add sugars, meat meals or meat derivatives.
Other reported benefits of raw feeding include:
- Fresher breath, cleaner whiter teeth
- More stable energy - less hyperactivity
- Easier to digest, sensitive stomachs improve
- Reduction of allergies and intolerances
- Increase in appetite - even in cats!
- Clears up anal gland issues
- Less flatulence
- Conditions such as diabetes and epilepsy reportedly needing less medication
- Improvement in conditions such as colitis with our low fat options
- Inflammatory issues such as skin conditions or joint inflammation reduce
- Improved energy levels in older dogs
- Stools are harder, smell less and much easier to pick up
- Read our testimonials to find out more about the benefits of raw.